Today I'm sharing the work wearable art entry in the Art From Trash competition. This steampunk jacket was made by a ladies art group I work with.
It started with a jacket from the tip shop and a ton of odds and ends.
We collected anything we thought would work on the jacket and basically hand stitched it all on to get the look we were after.
We really wanted a bustle and that was added using layers of tulle from the discard bin.
One of the sleeves was cut short and re-finished with black velvet lace and beads.
We decided to run the decoration down one lapel and down one side of the back, bringing it together on the lace sleeve.
All the 'junk' we sewed onto the jacket is quite heavy so we had to make sure it was balanced.
It turned out well and the ladies were all proud of being part of the project.